Tuesday, November 10, 2009

Sacchin cycling in Melaka

I have not posted any entry for a very long time.
Yes, I have been busy (and procastenating). But I make it a point that I post now since I have some new pictures.

I went to Melaka, Malaysia with my cycling friends for an overnight trip of cycling and eating, and I brought Sacchin with me together with her mountain bike. Too bad I don't have a folding bicycle model, suitable for pinky:st.

We were waiting for bus near Golden Mile Complex, so I took this photo after I gobbled some breakfast and a glass of Kopi.
Looking bright and shiny ready to go!
From Pinky


After some drama trying to load the bus with small luggage compartment with 20+ folding bicycles, we were ready! We even managed to persuade customs to let us keep the bicycles in the bus.

Then comes the 4+ hour ride to Melaka. The Kopi keeps me awake during the journey.

This is the front view when looking out from the hotel compound entrance, taken not long after we arrived at the hotel, and about to have a very late lunch (2:30 pm lunch)
From Pinky


And this is the hotel we are staying at, Aldy Hotel, near the old town center.
From Pinky


Below there is a bar cum restaurant. A fellow cyclist become the background (that green liquid in a jar was a drink ordered by another cyclist).
From Pinky


At night me and some cyclist went to eat pizza at a restaurant named Coconut House, in Melaka. It is behind Jonker street, opposite boutique hotel Baba House.

She is enjoying the various sizes of popular drink Coca Cola.
From Pinky

From Pinky


After dinner I went sight seeing at Jonker Street Pasar Malam (Night Market) but did not buy anything. I saw some really interesting umbrella that comes with metal cover and made to look like bottle of perfume or shampoo or wine etc, but the umbrella is rather small so I decide it was not a good buy. Small umbrella does not give much protection in monsoon season rain or torrential rain which happen frequently in Singapore.

Back to the hotel and sleep because we have to wake up and gather at 7 am the next day.

The next day we went for a long cycling trip along the beach to the direction of the cemetary of a Malay legend, Hang Tuah. However the cycling was furious and we did not stop long enough for me to take out Sacchin, and took her photo.

However on the way back we stop for chendol and the wait took long enough for me to take Sacchin out for a picture. At the background is the chendol shop, crowded with my cyclist friend busily eating chendol.
From Pinky


After than we went back to the hotel and those who are tired have a chance to recuperate. Of course, high on palm sugar (gula melaka) I hardly feel tired and I took Sacchin out for photoshoot. Here she is posing in front of the ruin of portugese fort.

From Pinky

From Pinky

From Pinky

From Pinky

From Pinky


Next to the hotel there is a small park that play host to an old properller aeroplane ...
From Pinky

and old diesel train locomotive and cabin...
From Pinky

From Pinky

There are fire engine and bullock cart too but there is no good place to place Sacchin for a good photo.

The sun was way up when I make it to the old town center, but undeterred I took her photo anyway.

Here she is by the fountain.
From Pinky


From Pinky


There were a lot of tourist, local and overseas, and it was Sunday, sunny and bright. The colourful tricycles are there for the tourist to hire.
From Pinky


This is the old church but I am not sure if it is still in service. May be it is already converted to be a museum.
From Pinky


This is the photo from higher elevation, up the stair case on top of souvernier shops.
From Pinky


From Pinky


Here is the photo of clock tower from ground floor.
From Pinky


And this is from higher elevation.
From Pinky


Up the stair case (from the front) or the hill from behind you will have high elevation view to one end of jonker street.
From Pinky


After that I walk along the river bank behind the rows of shophouses and took this photo.
From Pinky


From Pinky


There is river cruise available too, but I did not take it. I like the comfort of being on land best.
From Pinky


At the end of the row there is a parking lot and opposite that there is an old church. There was a mass held at the time.
From Pinky


That was it, I went back and meet my friends before we are set for lunch, and after lunch we took the bus back to Singapore.

No comments: