Monday, March 17, 2008

Pinky Tank, my version

I went to a toy fair and found a package of 1000-piece construction model toy, branded "best-lock construction toys", which "can be used with other brands" and it has been "registered in the U.S. Patent an Trademark office".

I have no question about the 1000 piece claim nor interested in counting it, but it is compatible with other brand, very obviously Lego. How true the last statement is really a big question.

For 1000 pieces it was originally priced at SGD $119.95, but I bought it at a discount in a toy fair for SGD $49.95. Needless to say, I end up with 2 boxes. Because I needed to spend a minimum of SGD $100 to get a SGD $15 discount, I end up buying another 3 same roadblock pieces because I think I can use the parts to make a house. Thus I end up paying SGD $94.90 for over 2000 pieces of Lego compatible bricks.

Here is the result of 2 nights playing with it. I was waiting too long for the Pinky Fighting Vehicle (pinky tank) released in Wonder Festival 2008 (Winter) so I created my own version.

Pinky Power Tank patrol rolling by and suddenly the crew heard a "click" sound.


"Who is that!?!" the alert commander asked, as she turned the turret and the missiles towards the direction of the sound.


Mama-mia, a paparazi at work! Drop that camera or we will shoot!

No comments: